Lemon Cream Cookies
I was looking for a really good recipe for Lemon Cookies and after looking and looking, I couldn’t find one that really made my mouth water, so I decided to improvise.
By taking components from a couple of different recipes, a fantastic cookie was born. You can thank me later.
As always, read through the entire recipe and all of the notes before starting.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 3 tbsp. lemon jello (not prepared)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3.5 ounce box instant lemon pudding mix (not prepared)
- 10 Lemon Oreos, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Sift together: flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt
- Cream together: butter, sugar, and jello.
- Add eggs one at a time (mix well)
- Add lemon extract (mix well)
- Slowly add flour mixture to cream mixture (mix well)
- Stir in Oreos until well incorporated
- Stir in white chocolate chips until well incorporated
- Spoon/scoop onto a greased (or parchment paper covered) baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until edges start to brown.
- Because of the pudding in this recipe, the cookie is somewhat delicate. It is very soft, so my recommendation is to make sure it cools completely on a wire rack.
- If you have a stand mixer then you really don't have to chop up the Oreos, just simply break up and toss into the dough, the paddle will do all of the work.
- When making these cookies, I use a red #24 scoop. Which scoops about 2.5 tbsp. of dough. This yields me about 20 cookies per recipe. This also means that I have to cook mine for longer than 9-11 minutes. Obviously if your scoops are smaller, you will yield more cookies & have a shorter cooking time.
- I haven't yet tried them, but I'm sure that a store brand lemon sandwich cookie will work just as well as Oreos.