I admit, I do love Paula Deen. And most of her recipes that I have tried, have worked out fantastically. This one is not different.
This is such a great potluck dessert and is SOOOOO simple.
Paula Deen’s recipe is right here y’all.
- 18.5 ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3.5 instant lemon pudding mix (not prepared)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray miniature muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cake Mix
- Pudding Mix
- Blend well with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
- Pour a small amount of batter into each muffin tin (filling about halfway).
- Bake for approx.12 minutes
- Turn out onto tea towel or cooling rack.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into a large mixing bowl
- Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and water.
- Mix with spoon or wire whisk until smooth.
- Make sure they are cool.
- Dip top into icing, pull out and using a angled spatula or butter knife, scrape the excess and place blossom onto a rack (put foil or pan underneath to catch the excess icing).
- I'm all for using a store brand on a product where there is no difference in taste. I have tried the store brand pudding here and I did not like the taste. I tasted very powdery. So, I really recommend Jell-O brand.
- This is very lemony. With the pudding in the cake and the zest and juice in the icing, the lemon comes powering through. Cut on either the zest or juice if you need to.
- I use about 1/2 - 3/4 tbsp of batter in the muffin tin. I have actually used more, but as it cooks it will spill over and then it starts to connect with the other blossoms and isn't very pretty.
- Makes great snacks for the lunchbox.