Pico de Gallo
Everybody could use a good recipe for pico de gallo. Of course, you could purchase it at the grocery store, but you most likely already have all of the ingredients you need, so why not go at it from scratch.
As always, read through the recipe and notes before starting recipe.
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion (medium), diced
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeded), diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Add all of your diced/chopped ingredients to a medium bowl
- Add the lime juice
- Add the salt
- Mix until all ingredients are incorporated
- Cover and store in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving
- When dicing your vegetables, dice them the size you want your pico. The larger the dice, the chunkier the pico.
- You may want to think about de-seeding your tomatoes if they are especially juicy. If your tomatoes are super juicy, then your pico may be more like a salsa, which is also delicious, so just a heads up.
- Of course you should taste the pico once prepared and adjust any lime/salt at that point.
- Use a glass bowl if possible. Do not put or store in a metal bowl. The acids in your recipe may react to the bowl, which will not make for a great recipe.
- There are so many things you can top off with this recipe:
- Baked Potatoes
- Scrambled Eggs
- Mixed with sour cream for a wonderful dip
- Possibilities are endless. Use that kick ass imagination of yours.