This is probably one of my favorite cookies & I don’t have the first clue what Snickerdoodle even means. But if I were to guess, I would say that Snickerdoodle = F*cking Delicious, because sometimes something is so good it deserves a F-Bomb.
I can’t say that this is the best, I haven’t tried all of the snickerdoodles of the world. I can however say, this cookie is fantastic! Just make this cookie, trust me, it’s that good.
To find out where all of this deliciousness came from, click here
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- FOR ROLLING COOKIES
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350•
- Sift together: flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mix well after each addition.
- Slowly add flour mixture to cream mixture (mix well).
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place onto a greased or parchment paper lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or edges are golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy!
- I know that most cookie recipes don't really require a quick spray of the pan, but personally, I like to spray my pan with some sort of cooking spray, just to fall on the side of caution.
- Since you're going to need to roll this dough in order to coat it in the cinnamon/sugar mixture, it's much easier once the dough has been thoroughly chilled first.
- When making these cookies, I use a red #24 scoop. Which scoops about 2.5 tbsp. of dough. This yields me about 20 cookies per recipe. This also means that I have to cook mine for longer than 8-10 minutes. Obviously if your scoops are smaller, you will yield more cookies & have a shorter cooking time.