So maybe the term “crack” is not really an appropriate term for such a delicious piece of goodness. But the reality is, this is extremely addictive and I’m assuming eating too much will make your teeth fall out, so maybe “crack” is appropriate after all.
Call it what you want, one thing you will be saying after diving into this recipe is “HOLY CRAP, THAT’S GOOD STUFF!”
- 28 graham cracker squares
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Line the graham crackers on your pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and brown sugar.
- Bring butter/sugar to a boil and allow to boil for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and salt, stir well.
- Pour your butter/sugar mixture over the graham crackers, spread evenly.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over top.
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- The original recipe says to place graham cracker squares on a ungreased pan. I don't really trust that, so that is why I lined and sprayed mine.
- Line your pan with the graham crackers before you begin to cook the butter and brown sugar. That way you are certain that your pan is big enough. While on the subject, be sure to have everything to go. Vanilla/salt/pecans, this is not really a recipe that will wait on you.
- Do not add the pecans to the butter/sugar mixture. How do I know? Because I tried it and it SUCKED! So if you're stubborn and need to see for yourself, go ahead and knock yourself out, just remember, I told you so.
- I have used the store brand and the name brand graham crackers here, it is all the same.
Always being inspired, for the genius behind this recipe, click here!