Chocolate Chocolate Cake
I’m about to “truth you”, so I’m gonna need for you to have a sit, because I would hate for you to have your feet pulled out from under you. OK, here goes: I actually don’t really like this cake. I know, that is crazy talk, but (again, get ready), it’s just too much chocolate for me. I can practically hear the screams.
So, you’re probably wondering “then why in the hell is she posting this recipe?”. Well, I try to do a little good every now and than and besides, everyone else LOVES this cake, so you most likely will too.
I don’t actually have the link for the original recipe, but I can tell you that it is adapted from “The Chocolate Cake Mix Doctor” by Anne Byrn.
As always, read through the entire recipe and all of the notes before starting.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box of Devil's Food Cake Mix (unprepared)
- 1 (4 ounce) box of instant chocolate pudding (unprepared)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Combine the: cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes (stop & scrap down bowl if necessary).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and cook for approximately 1 hour 5 minutes.
- Allow to cook on a wire rack, then remove from pan and slice.
- You could also use a bundt pan, but your cooking time may change slightly. If you are going to go the bundt route, then you may want to start to check your cake at around 35-45 minutes.
- We opt out of frosting this cake because it is so heavy on the chocolate side. But hey, I'm not gonna judge you if you need to slather it with more chocolate goodness.
- Looking for something sweet to throw into the kiddos lunchbox? This makes a perfect sweet treat.